Friday, August 28, 2015

August Re-Cap

Well the month of August has come and nearly gone. The usual summer activities have kept us all busy, however,  my wife and I are expecting the birth of our third child anytime now; she is technically due September 8th, but we are playing it close to home and that has afforded me the opportunity to spend nights at home working in the attic.  The last week or so I took the "free" time to re-organize all of my motive power and rolling stock into new rubbermaid style containers.   This makes it so much easier to navigate all of my collection.

I have also had the chance to acquire several new models this month including the H12-44, see previous post, and three, Walthers, 50' North American Smoothside boxcars, two of which I spotted at the freight house on the modules.   These boxcars are Lot 953- B, built in the summer of 1964, fifty cars in the lot, in series from 78750 - 78799.   I think Walthers did a great job with these cars and I am happy to have found another great ebay deal.


There are a bunch of new NYC models being announced and offered in HO Scale these days and so I have spent some considerable time placing pre-orders.  That list includes the Atlas RS-3 with Lok Sound and Rapido's FA-2 with Lok Soun.    I have had the Broadway Ltd, Lightening Striped Baldwin Sharks on order and all of these new models probably will not arrive until after the 1st of the New Year, but nevertheless, something to look forward to.   A bunch of new rolling stock is on order too, so be sure to stop by for my acquisition announcements in the coming weeks.  Till then... keep the trains moving!




No comments:

Post a Comment