Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A "Not So" Wordless Wednesday


It is the season of change and October has seen the most progress to date on getting the layout room to a finished space.   The past couple of nights I was able to get the dry wall hung and mudded along the east wall and have now moved over to the north wall.  I know it might not look like much but I see progress and each day a little closer to having a good space.  

In other news, Athearn has announced a Ready to Run GP-35 in the NYC cigar band, due next September.  I am sure I will end up with one or two depending on price point.  

I am also very pleased with the latest news from the NYCHS, announcing a lower price point on a NYC Lines East Brick Tower, being produced by the N-scale Architect.  This tower had been announced some time ago but was initially offered at over $100.00 and that was just a bit too much for my interest.  That being said, the model is in production now and the price was lowered to MSRP of $87.50, with a member discount.   That made the model an affordable "must have" and so my order was placed and I am looking forward to this high quality kit to arrive in Mid- November.    


Finally, as November approaches so does the Train Show season in New York State.  First up is the 41st Great New York State Model Train Fair the weekend of Nov 7th and 8th at the NY State Fairgrounds in Syracuse.  I will be attending the show as a part of the Cornell Railroad Historical Society HO modular layout.  I hope to see many of you at the show.   Till then back to the attic... 

No comments:

Post a Comment